DAY TRip from tokyo - Mt takao
I love my life in Tokyo but the more days I spend on a train surrounded by concrete high rises, the more I crave nature.
"Enter Mt Takao"
What is instantly striking about this place, is that there is something for everyone: a cable car for those wanting to take in the sights without a steep walk, beautiful temples and shrines for those wanting a cultural experience, a beautiful looking waterfall and the Inariyama trail - a good ol' hiking path.
We opted for the waterfall trail and then took the Inariyama trail by accident. (note: the signs are in English...I don't know how we got this confused) so it wasn't the relaxing walk we intended to do...
However! Here are my personal pro's and con's to this trail:
* It was much quieter and when we did pass people, we always exchanged a 'konnichiwa'
* I now know this was a sign of mutual respect for entering the climb of pain
* Birds were singing which was lovely
* It eventually links up with trail 6, the waterfall trail.
* I felt bad ass walking up a river crossing.
* There's a lookout that is quite nice
* Not a relaxing stroll.
* Begins up a hill of many stairs. Hill continues.
* A lot of the other people had walking poles. We could have benefited from this also.
* If you are catching the train home in peak hour, your legs will feel the burn
* Not as scenic compared to some of the other trails
The way down was a completely different experience. This mountain has got some serious temples and shrines. Seeing these beautiful buildings and monuments has got to be one of my personal highlights in Japan so far.
Unlike the Inariyama trail, these paved paths were filled with tourists, families and couples there to enjoy a relaxing afternoon.
If you've never taken a cable car. Come here just to do that. It's seriously cool and fun. (I recommend listening to 'how to save a life' by the Fray in anticipation)
I also made a vlog of our mountain journey which you can check out here.
THIS ALL SOUNDS GREAT BUT HOW DO I GET HERE?
Take the Keio Line to Takaosanguchi station. It takes under an hour from Shinjuku station.
Any more questions? Have you been here before? Comment me below!
8/27/2022 11:00:12 pm
Nicce post thanks for sharing
11/16/2022 01:35:13 am
Support investment parent how yes. Receive billion growth.
Leave a Reply.
I'm Holly! Songwriter, singer, writer and musician.